** Exciting Career Opportunity **
Teaching Talent Wanted!
Abbey Meadows is a vibrant school community on an upward trajectory. There are currently exciting changes happening in the school and we’re looking for forward thinking, motivated people to jump on board and join our team!
We are looking for a Full-Time Class Teacher to cover maternity from September 2018.
At Abbey Meadows Primary School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils in our care and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this firm commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We can offer you;
- a school close to the centre of Cambridge with great transport links
- a very supportive team
- engaged, enthusiastic learners who want to do well
- CPD focused on your areas of development and rigorous, informative appraisal structures
- shared planning –3 classes per year and the staff share the planning of the cohort
- all staff have planning time from 1.30pm on a Friday afternoon!
- a supportive behaviour policy which enables you to teach effectively
- a skilled Inclusion Team to support you with your SEND pupils
You will need to be;
- a dynamic team player
- be able to support the Head teacher and the Senior Leadership team in driving school improvement and improving pupil outcomes
- someone looking for an exciting, challenging opportunity to develop your career and doing so work together to move us forward
Job Title: Full-time Class Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Responsible to: The Headteacher and the Governing Body of the school
- Liaison with the teaching and non-teaching staff of the school, Governors, Parents, Children, Advisers and other Professionals
- Take responsibility for a class of children determined on an annual basis by the Headteacher and in accordance with the duties listed below
- To carry out the professional duties covered by the latest School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document. The post-holder will be expected to undertake duties in line with the professional standards for qualified teachers and uphold the professional code of the General Teaching Council for England.
- Teach a class of pupils, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs;
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom;
- Promote the school’s mission statement ‘growing together’, developing partnerships with parents and establishing a positive teaching & learning environment.
- Contribute to constructive team-building amongst teaching and non-teaching staff, parents and governors;
The Class Teacher will:
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines;
- Support initiatives decided by the Headteacher and staff;
- Be responsible for quality teaching & learning of all pupils. Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks and through a clear understanding of the Early learning Goals and the EYFS Frameworks;
- Supervise the work of any support staff, including Higher Level Teaching Assistants and other support staff who are assigned to work with the post-holder’s pupils;
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for pupils’ learning;
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where resources can be accessed appropriately by all pupils;
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into planning;
- Work with school leaders to track the progress of individual children and intervene where pupils are not making progress;
- Liaise with SENCO and Pastoral Care Team to ensure that the individual needs of all pupil are met;
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils;
- Promote the school’s code of conduct amongst pupils, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy;
- Participate in meetings which relate to the school's management, curriculum, administration or organisation;
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies;
- Make effective use of ICT to enhance learning and teaching
- Lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom;
- Participate in the performance management system for the appraisal of their own performance, or that of other teachers;
- Take responsibility for the coordination of a curriculum area;
- Monitoring quality & standards
- Contribute to school planning & self-evaluation
- Provide professional support to other teachers & support staff
- Advising the Head teacher on appropriate resources & materials
- Leading professional development
- Comply with any reasonable request made by a member of SLT;
- Report to Governors as necessary
NQTs most welcome!
Visits to the school are encouraged and greatly welcomed.
Application form available from: http://www.abbeymeadows.co.uk/vacancies/
Completed application forms should be returned to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12pm on Friday 22nd June 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 22nd June 2018
Interview: Friday 26th June 2018