INTERVIEWS TO BE HELD AS AND WHEN SUITABLE CANDIDATES APPLY!
- To assist in the support of pupils with special educational needs to enable them to access the curriculum as fully as possible.
- enthusiastic teacher who is keen to develop their Teaching and Learning practice
- Support the classroom teacher to facilitate the active participation of children in the academic and social activities of the school
- Contribute to raising standards of achievement for all pupils
Accountabilities and Expectations:
1. Support for children
- To develop an understanding of the special needs of the pupil involved and be trained to meet their individual needs as required.
- In conjunction with the classroom teacher, adapt lessons to meet the needs of individual children and small groups.
- Take responsibility for delivering learning activities with small groups who would benefit from a different learning approach as agreed.
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships with individual pupils, small groups and parents/carers to ensure they understand and can achieve the tasks.
- Provide learning support to children with significant care needs, or where English is not their first language.
- Support children with significant development needs, e.g. cognitive ability, EBD, learning skills, etc. as directed.
- Encourage and promote inclusion in the classroom, ensuring all pupils feel involved with tasks and activities. Promoting and reinforcing the pupil’s confidence and self-esteem.
- To help keep pupil’s on-task and build motivation
2. Support for the curriculum
- Support the school curriculum, including literacy and numeracy activities.
- Suggest areas where ICT might be used to enrich pupil learning.
- Provide targeted support to enhance learning and improve attainment.
3. Support for the teacher/SENCo
- Assist in maintaining class records and contribute to reports on pupil progress and development as directed.
- Monitor and track progress and provide feedback to assist in developing IEPs for children with special needs.
- Contribute to the planning and evaluation of work programmes for individual pupils and groups.
- Organise the learning environment and develop classroom resources as required.
- Undertake support activities for the teacher as required, e.g. photocopying, preparation of materials, mounting displays.
- Contribute to the management of pupil behaviour, including anticipating and taking action to prevent potential problems arising.
- To contribute, where appropriate, to statutory reviews of a pupil’s statement.
4. Support for the School
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and parents or carers.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment.
- Attend and actively participate in relevant in-service training.
- Participate in and support the professional development of other teaching assistants as required.
- Assist in facilitating school events, e.g. school plays, events.
- To be aware of school policices and procedures including those relating to confidentiality and the safe guarding of children.
Any other tasks as directed by the Headteacher which are consistant with the aims of the post.
Closing Date: 09:00 Wednesday 18th October 2017
Shortlisting: Upon receiving application form
Interview Date: Shortly after shortlisting
Return your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org